As a member of the Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services (ACSESS), Emplois Compétences pledges to comply with this code of conduct and to prominently display it on its premises. We support the following principles and acknowledge that honoring them is to the advantage of the Association members, their candidates, employees, business clients, and the reputation of the search, employment and staffing services profession in Canada.
- We will observe the highest principles of integrity, professionalism and fair practice in dealing with clients, candidates, employees and all government authorities; and will respect the confidentiality of records in accordance with laws and good business practices.
- We will provide leadership in the adherence to both the spirit and letter of all applicable human rights, employment laws and regulations. We will treat all candidates and employees without prejudice to their rights.
- In order to provide to our customers accurate information on the skills and experience of each candidate and/or employee, we will only present those who have allowed us to do so.
- We will supply candidates and employees with complete and accurate information as provided by the client, regarding terms of employment, job descriptions and workplace conditions.
- In the case of a referral, we will refrain from hiring a candidate that we have already placed, or encourage, or induce a candidate to leave the employ of our clients; nor will we encourage or force an individual to end a temporary assignment before the stipulated end date.
- We will not restrict a candidate or employee in his right to accept employment of his choice.
- We will not abuse the privileges conferred on us as members, in order to recruit the internal staff of another member, or any other action that may prove harmful to our applicants, employees or competitors.
- Our revenues will derive exclusively from our customers and no direct or indirect costs will be charged to our candidates or employees unless otherwise specified in the operating license.
- We will observe the strictest principles of integrity in any advertising, communication and solicitation; we will conduct our operations as to promote the activities and improve the image and reputation of the search, employment and staffing services profession.
- We will recognize and respect the rights and privileges of our competitors with the greatest respect for individual initiative and free enterprise. Also, we will refrain from partaking in any acts of unfair competition.
- We will ensure that our clients, candidates and employees acknowledge that it is our duty to comply with this Code of Ethics and all related policies or guidelines. And we will diligently report any potential violation to the appropriate Association body.